H2B help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2B help

Hi, I have a very complicated case, but I need some advice.

In 1999 I entered the US on a B1 Tourist Visa, overstayed until oct/2003 and worked ilegally.

During this time we had a son, who is a american citizen, but can only sponsor us when he is 21 and living there.

We had a adjustment of status process and we even got the medical exames and fingerprints taken for that process.

But we had a problem that my brother in law was arrested by border patrol and we had to present ourselves to the BP in order not to get arested ourselves.

So we moved to another state, went to court a few times and finally we were asked to live the country (self-deportated).

Now I have a offer of a H2B for me and my wife, but I don´t wanna try if I don´t have a somewhat favourable chance of getting aproved.

If so, my son is an american citizen, he can go anytime he wants to, but we have another daughter who would need a H4 visa, and if we are aproved she would get it no problem, I assume.

Need some help. Do I have any chance or just wait another 8 years (he is 13 years old).

TIA

Originally posted by aosmga View Post
    Hi, I have a very complicated case, but I need some advice.

In 1999 I entered the US on a B1 Tourist Visa, overstayed until oct/2003 and worked ilegally.

During this time we had a son, who is a american citizen, but can only sponsor us when he is 21 and living there.

We had a adjustment of status process and we even got the medical exames and fingerprints taken for that process.

But we had a problem that my brother in law was arrested by border patrol and we had to present ourselves to the BP in order not to get arested ourselves.

So we moved to another state, went to court a few times and finally we were asked to live the country (self-deportated).

Now I have a offer of a H2B for me and my wife, but I don´t wanna try if I don´t have a somewhat favourable chance of getting aproved.

If so, my son is an american citizen, he can go anytime he wants to, but we have another daughter who would need a H4 visa, and if we are aproved she would get it no problem, I assume.

Need some help. Do I have any chance or just wait another 8 years (he is 13 years old).

TIA
    The parameters are too many to be able to get a simple course of action. Seeing your history , I would suggest you talk to an experienced attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X