Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name mismatch - SSN system even Valid Name in all documents - H1B Visa

Hi,
    I have applied SSN on 11/07/2014 after 3 weeks later when I landed USA, still I haven’t get my SSN. I have went to SSN office couple of time to check the status on it. They says still my SSN application requires the validation on my name.

Also, they have verified all My Documents like (I94, VISA, Passport, Petition Approval Notice) all this documents has same name and there is no issue with it. When they try to enter in system it states that there is mismatch in My name.

All the document has same name as mentioned below.
    First/Given Name : YYYY YYYY (Space) YYYY YYYY (17 Characters)
    Last Name : YYYY YYYY X

I also checked with SSN officer that do I need to go for USISC or Home Land Security or some where to resolve this issue. They requested me to wait for one or few more weeks on this and they states that no further action required on my side. In SSN application receipt they mentioned it may take 2-4 weeks to complete this. Already 4 weeks over, still I am unclear what is the issue on my Name.

Can you help me on right direction on this to get my SSN soon.

Note: One thing I noticed in SSN system First Name is allowing only 16 characters whereas my name contains 17 characters. Do you see any issue on this?

Thanks in advance..

Hi All,
    Appreciate any help....

I have went to SSN office this week, no progress. Again they saying same still System is not able to pull the immigration status. I asked they to try removing space in my first name (which has only 16 char). This time they can able to verify my imigration status, but which name I will get in my SSN card will it be as like I94 or without space which SSN system accepts. If i get first name without space will it be any issue?

Originally posted by urmail2ss View Post
    Hi,
    I have applied SSN on 11/07/2014 after 3 weeks later when I landed USA, still I haven’t get my SSN. I have went to SSN office couple of time to check the status on it. They says still my SSN application requires the validation on my name.

Also, they have verified all My Documents like (I94, VISA, Passport, Petition Approval Notice) all this documents has same name and there is no issue with it. When they try to enter in system it states that there is mismatch in My name.

All the document has same name as mentioned below.

I also checked with SSN officer that do I need to go for USISC or Home Land Security or some where to resolve this issue. They requested me to wait for one or few more weeks on this and they states that no further action required on my side. In SSN application receipt they mentioned it may take 2-4 weeks to complete this. Already 4 weeks over, still I am unclear what is the issue on my Name.

Can you help me on right direction on this to get my SSN soon.

Note: One thing I noticed in SSN system First Name is allowing only 16 characters whereas my name contains 17 characters. Do you see any issue on this?

Thanks in advance..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X