Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discrepancy in salary quote on DS-160 and LCA forms -URGENT!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discrepancy in salary quote on DS-160 and LCA forms -URGENT!!

In short, my Employer did not provide the LCA and other documents in the H1 application packet till the last minute and as a result I entered an estimate on DS-160 form. Now it turns out the salary quote on the LCA was 10 k $ higher than my estimate on the DS-160 form. I made this estimate based on the actual bi-weekly pay I get. When I enquired my lawyer I was told that their office came up with that number (called it a prevailing wage) explaining that it is the minimum wage I should make. But as I said earlier I am getting paid 10 k $ lesser than the prevailing wage. My ds-160 and the paychecks that I would be handing over to the consulate during my visa interview will explicitly show I am getting 10 k lesser than the quoted amount on the LCA. Is this a major problem? and if so Is there any reparations that I make to rectify it.

Originally posted by Girish kumar View Post
    In short, my Employer did not provide the LCA and other documents in the H1 application packet till the last minute and as a result I entered an estimate on DS-160 form. Now it turns out the salary quote on the LCA was 10 k $ higher than my estimate on the DS-160 form. I made this estimate based on the actual bi-weekly pay I get. When I enquired my lawyer I was told that their office came up with that number (called it a prevailing wage) explaining that it is the minimum wage I should make. But as I said earlier I am getting paid 10 k $ lesser than the prevailing wage. My ds-160 and the paychecks that I would be handing over to the consulate during my visa interview will explicitly show I am getting 10 k lesser than the quoted amount on the LCA. Is this a major problem? and if so Is there any reparations that I make to rectify it.
    Well if the employer is paying you less than the LCA it is a violation and could potentially jeopardize your visa, petition and future GC too. You need to have a hard talk with your employer as to why are you getting paid less than the LCA.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X