Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lost my Indian passport and valid h4 visa in NJ, USA

Dear friends,

I am very much confused and feeling helpless .. My handbag stolen from Newark on 25 dec. I had to go to India on 27th with my daughter but as now we both dont have passports. I have my passport copy , i 94 copy , visa copy and for my daughter except of visa copy I am having everything. we are on H4 visa going to expire in oct 2015 and my mom has planned surgery need to attend it.

We dont have any other US ID so that we can not travel here and there easily. as we were in north carolina and came to nj to go to India , here embassy saying we need to go back to washington for applying passport now not having anyone there so want to understand and take help how i can get it fast ? and steps i need to follow

Thanks

Shefali

Really feel worried reading this...anyone must keep his/her passport very very careful as this is the primary ID proof.
    anyway you can try to get suggestion from nearby friends/neighbors abut h=this issue, if anyone had this incident, what he/she did. Then can contact with USCIS or Department of Homeland Security and inform them the issue and tell them u want to go back India immediately, if they told to make passport by visiting Washington INdia Embassy, tell them u dont have other ID proof to travel, they should issue you a letter by mail stating u can travel within US by showing this letter at airport.

This is my suggestion. and also file a police case that u have lost ur passport/visa by going to local police with details and take the report copy given by them. Ask them to help or what to do. I am sure they find a way for u.

If possible u can travel to Washington by car to reach India Embassy to make ur Tatkal Passport.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X