Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 together but single status in passport

Hi,
    I got married recently and my passport still shows me as single. I want to get my H1B stamped and take my wife for H4. Do I need to have my wife's name in the passport (married status) to take her with me for the interview?

would filling two separate DS-160 and adding her as dependent while filling the online application work?

please advise.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Nagendra Singh Dhakar View Post
    Hi,
    I got married recently and my passport still shows me as single. I want to get my H1B stamped and take my wife for H4. Do I need to have my wife's name in the passport (married status) to take her with me for the interview?

would filling two separate DS-160 and adding her as dependent while filling the online application work?

please advise.

Thanks,
    Though good to have, but technically you need not have spouse name endorsed in passport for spouse H4 visa. You would need marriage certificate though.

Yes, you need to file separate DS-160 forms.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Though good to have, but technically you need not have spouse name endorsed in passport for spouse H4 visa. You would need marriage certificate though.

Yes, you need to file separate DS-160 forms.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thank you for the reply.

While filling the DS-160, I have to fill my marital status. The form asks me to report the details according to my passport. Should I fill "single" in the form? would that be a problem?

Thanks,

Nagendra

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X