No announcement yet.

H1B with subsidiary company but receiving pay from another subsidiary company

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B with subsidiary company but receiving pay from another subsidiary company

Hello All,

My H1B is with CCC-A but I am receiving pay from CCC-B for about 5 months, both are subsidiary companies of CCC (both the companies have the parent company name in them).
    Now, my immigration dept is saying they have to transfer the H1b from CCC-A to CCC-B ASAP
    They are also contemplating on the option of moving me to CCC-A, so they dont have to transfer my H1b.
    But I am informed that both these options will only correct the error going forward and not what has already happened.

my concerns:
    1. Will there be any problem with this transfer ?
    2. WHich one is better ? H1B transfer or company change (in case of comp change I might get 2 w-2 forms)
    3. Are there any legal issues with me, that might effect my future ? WIll there be any issue while stamping.
    4. most importantly, can the situation be corrected at all ?
    5. What precautions should I take care now ? now, collecting document... etc

Hello Can I ask how you solve it at last? I meet with similar problems. Thank you.

Hello Can I ask how you solve it at last? I meet with similar problems. Thank you.
    Originally posted by yen7452 View Post
    Hello All,

My H1B is with CCC-A but I am receiving pay from CCC-B for about 5 months, both are subsidiary companies of CCC (both the companies have the parent company name in them).
    Now, my immigration dept is saying they have to transfer the H1b from CCC-A to CCC-B ASAP
    They are also contemplating on the option of moving me to CCC-A, so they dont have to transfer my H1b.
    But I am informed that both these options will only correct the error going forward and not what has already happened.

my concerns:
    1. Will there be any problem with this transfer ?
    2. WHich one is better ? H1B transfer or company change (in case of comp change I might get 2 w-2 forms)
    3. Are there any legal issues with me, that might effect my future ? WIll there be any issue while stamping.
    4. most importantly, can the situation be corrected at all ?
    5. What precautions should I take care now ? now, collecting document... etc

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X