Help on H1B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help on H1B

Guys , i will be starting my job on H1b in July 2015 and my visa started in November 2014. I will be traveling to US in April , stay with my family for couple of months in NJ without job and then start in July 2015 in LA. I have few queries if i could get some help.

Is there any problem if i travel in April 2015 and start work in July2015 (my petition start date is October 2014)
    In how much time i have to get a SSN?
    Can i get the SSN before starting a job in July.

Kindly help as i have to book tickets.

Many Thanks and Regards

Originally posted by Help2015 View Post
    Guys , i will be starting my job on H1b in July 2015 and my visa started in November 2014. I will be traveling to US in April , stay with my family for couple of months in NJ without job and then start in July 2015 in LA. I have few queries if i could get some help.

Is there any problem if i travel in April 2015 and start work in July2015 (my petition start date is October 2014)
    In how much time i have to get a SSN?
    Can i get the SSN before starting a job in July.

Kindly help as i have to book tickets.

Many Thanks and Regards
    What do you mean you will stay in NJ without a job? You cannot be in US on an H1 and without a job and pay.

Also, at the Port Of Entry, in April 2015, when you enter US, I am assuming you are entering US on H1 visa. What would you say to the POE officer when he/she asks where would you be working?

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X