Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we apply for H1 and H4 visas together?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we apply for H1 and H4 visas together?

Hi All,

My fiance is currently working in the US under the OPT scheme. His company has applied for his H1 this year and if things go well, he should be getting his H1 visa by October. He will be travelling to India for his stamping in October and while he is here we intend to get married as well. I wanted to know whether we can schedule both of our interviews for the Visa stamping together? This will be the first H1 stamping for him and can he club his interview with mine (h4)? Also, as we will not be married when he is scheduling the interviews, will this pose as a problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Sneha Prahlada; 03-16-2015, 05:41 AM.

Originally posted by Sneha Prahlada View Post
    Hi All,

My fiance is currently working in the US under the OPT scheme. His company has applied for his H1 this year and if things go well, he should be getting his H1 visa by October. He will be travelling to India for his stamping in October and while he is here we intend to get married as well. I wanted to know whether we can schedule both of our interviews for the Visa stamping together? This will be the first H1 stamping for him and can he club his interview with mine (h4)? Also, as we will not be married when he is scheduling the interviews, will this pose as a problem?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!
    I dont see any issues. As you two would most probably not have time to get each others name in the passport, in addition to the other document, you two would need the marriage certificate and marriage album/photos at the time of the interview. Also, he would most likely have to schedule the interview with maiden name, as technically you cannot change your passport name before marriage.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X