Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - C2C-W2-Tax Help

Hi Team,

I have entered US in Mar 2014 in H4. Then I applied H1B with one of the consulting group and got my H1B on Oct 2014. I am still looking for work on C2C which looks like super difficult , but yes still trying.
    The moment my spouse was filing tax return ( with whom I came here as dependent ) , their tax team started asking my W2 and paystubs of 2014 to file tax for family. Since I am C2C employee and have not started working in project yet, I dont have any W2 or paystubs for bench. I talked with Employer and from this month starting my paystub generation to be in legally safe side. So how to file tax return for 2014 ?
    For now I have told tax team as advised by my Employer as , evenif I got my h1B in Oct 2014 ..due to some health issues I have started working on 2015 only.

1. My concern is what is right process ? Is it correct explanation ? Can I skip 2014 tax return by stating this above reason ? Will it not be an issue if I go back to India and during stamping they will ask W2 for Oct-Dec 2014 ?

2. If I need to transfer my h1B for full time , do I have to produce W2 2014 (??) along with latest 2-3 paystubs ( which i will be covered as I am starting paystub generation now )?

Please advise.

Thanks!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X