Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B and H4 approval and I-94

Hello.

I had already posted about me and my husband applying for visa extension and visa stamping. The good news we got our extension approved and we have successfully planned our trip to India and booked appointments at the US consulate in chennai for visa interview.

But now the hiccup is its been 2 months since our extension got approved and we haven't received the I-94 yet. When we had applied for change of status from F to H class visa(about 8 months ago), we had received our I-94s within a month. With only 15 days left for our India trip we are now worried and there is no way to check whether our I-94s have been mailed or where they are now. All we can check in the USCIS website is whether our application has been approved.

Is there anyway we could track where our I-94 is? what else can we do to get our I-94?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by BV05 View Post
    Hello.

I had already posted about me and my husband applying for visa extension and visa stamping. The good news we got our extension approved and we have successfully planned our trip to India and booked appointments at the US consulate in chennai for visa interview.

But now the hiccup is its been 2 months since our extension got approved and we haven't received the I-94 yet. When we had applied for change of status from F to H class visa(about 8 months ago), we had received our I-94s within a month. With only 15 days left for our India trip we are now worried and there is no way to check whether our I-94s have been mailed or where they are now. All we can check in the USCIS website is whether our application has been approved.

Is there anyway we could track where our I-94 is? what else can we do to get our I-94?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    If it is approved you would get it, but would be difficult to put an exact date of arrival of the I797. Also, you would need to new I797 to go for stamping. USCIS may be able provide a tracking number to your employer/attorney.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I believe they've stopped sending paper I-94s. You need to check their website and search for your i-94 by providing your details.

(Note: this is just a personal opinion not a legal advice).

Comment

Thanks Moresh and Raghvi. Looks like i will be getting my I 797 in a week. my attorney has received it from USCIS.

Bhavana.

Comment

Need help with DS 160 for H4

Hi!

Me and my husband are going for stamping to india and have already scheduled an appointment for the interview for H1b (for my husband) and H4(for me).

my doubt is- while filling the DS 160 for me, we gave NA in the driver's license number. But i had my instruction permit wit the DL no on it which we did not know. Should i now file a new DS 160 or is there a way to edit my old one?? do i have to reschedule the appointment??

Please help. We really need help cos our interview is in two weeks.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X