What's going on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on?

I obtained my MBA from an American University with some of the study done in Europe.

An American company that a close relation owns has subsequently fiiled an H1 petition. All the required processes were followed and they had actually tried to find an American Citizen or permanent resident and found none for several months.

This was filed in September using premium processing and was supposed to take 10-15 days. It has taken the time from then to now with no explanation on the USCIS website. The lawyer who filed the petition was told that the case is under intense review!

What does intense review and why could this happen and what is the implication. I have had to remain in the US for the period since then and I am unable to work or do anything and have had to pass opportunities elsewhere.

One other matter of note is that the petition was filed during the grace period following the completion of my MBA. I was in fact still in status. According to info on the USCIS website petitions filed using normal processing have been treated but mine has had no explanations given except that it is under "intense review"!

One other question I have is: Would an eventual refusal affect my ability to obtain a US visa or gain entry in the future?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X