Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B transfer receipt notice

I have filed h1b transfer and yet not received the receipt notice
    but my new employer wants me to join as early as possible so can i join my new employer without having the receipt notice.

Not advisable to join until you receive the receipt notice. It will take about 10 days to receive the receipt notice.

Originally posted by sanjit.shedage View Post
    I have filed h1b transfer and yet not received the receipt notice
    but my new employer wants me to join as early as possible so can i join my new employer without having the receipt notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Not advisable to join until you receive the receipt notice. It will take about 10 days to receive the receipt notice.
      Thanks Shervin for the reply. here is the response from the lawyer when I spoke with him.

"It is absolutely legal for you to begin working for Employer B at anytime. We have confirmed receipt of the petition by the USCIS. That is all that is required for you to port to a new employer. We should receive the receipt notice any day. The USCIS is behind as they are sending back all of the FY16 rejected cases. I will keep you advised."

Please advise
      Last edited by sanjit.shedage; 06-18-2015, 09:49 PM.

Comment

What the lawyers have mentioned is true. But here is the reason why it is not advisable. H1B receipt notice is the proof that USCIS has accepted your petition. If the package gets lost in mail or lost before the receipt notice is printed (very rare cases), your employment with the new employer becomes unauthorized. Just for that reason, it is not advisable to join before receiving the receipt notice. But there are many people who join based on the FedEx delivery confirmation by taking a risk (However small that might be, it is still considered a risk).

Originally posted by sanjit.shedage View Post
        Thanks Shervin for the reply. here is the response from the lawyer when I spoke with him.

"It is absolutely legal for you to begin working for Employer B at anytime. We have confirmed receipt of the petition by the USCIS. That is all that is required for you to port to a new employer. We should receive the receipt notice any day. The USCIS is behind as they are sending back all of the FY16 rejected cases. I will keep you advised."

Please advise
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X