Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 COS, re-entry on H4 on possible F1 stamping issue

Hi,
    I came to USA on H4 in 2014 visa and H4 stamp on my passport is valid for sep 2015. I did a change of status to F1 in USA and started studying. I plan to go back to India for F1 visa stamping. I have a few questions on my return in case there are issues with F1 stamping
    1. Can I re-enter back to USA on H-4 visa stamp I already have and valid till september as long as I travel within its validity ?
    2. Do I need to do any document processing or any conversion back to H4 as I did a COS to F1, to re-enter or basically just use my current stamped visa to re-enter?
    3. What happens to F1 COS if I enter on H-4 ?

Thanks

1. Can I re-enter back to USA on H-4 visa stamp I already have and valid till september as long as I travel within its validity ?
    >>> When you apply for F1 visa, they will cancel your H4 visa first. So if H4 is cancelled and if F1 is rejected, then you will have to apply H4 visa again.

2. Do I need to do any document processing or any conversion back to H4 as I did a COS to F1, to re-enter or basically just use my current stamped visa to re-enter?
    >>> Read answer above. You will need a valid H4 visa to re-enter in H4 status.

>>> If you enter in H4 visa, you are no longer in F1 status (You will be in H4 status). If you want to convert back to F1 status again, you will need to file a COS from H4 to F1.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,
      Did you get your F1 stamping in India after COS in the US? How was the visa interview process?
      What kind of questions do they ask once you are already studying in a US institution?
      I'm in the same situation as yours. Please advice.
      Thanks.

Originally posted by anandbahety View Post
      Hi,
      I came to USA on H4 in 2014 visa and H4 stamp on my passport is valid for sep 2015. I did a change of status to F1 in USA and started studying. I plan to go back to India for F1 visa stamping. I have a few questions on my return in case there are issues with F1 stamping

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X