Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bengaluru Dropbox Experience

My "dropbox" experience with Bengaluru location:

I went to dropbox location at Prestige Center in Bengaluru on Jul 3. Unfortunately, the collection center was closed on account of US Independence Day. But they were delivering passports. I was advised to come on the next working day i.e. Jul 6. When I went again on Jul 6, I was the first person to go in at 10AM. Surprisingly, there were only 6 persons waiting to drop the documents. The whole process was easy and stress-free. Pls don't carry any bags. Just carry only one small bag for the required documents.

I got token no.1. Went inside. The person at the desk asked me to hand over the documents for each person. (I applied for total 4 visa renewals.) The lady found two errors with the documents. The first one was with my wife's first name. The first name was supposed to be split as exactly mentioned in her passport. The second one was with my son's photo. The photo was to be taken without glasses. The lady was kind enough to advise me to prepare a new DS-160 form for my wife and new photo for my son.

There was a browsing center and photo studio in the next doors. So it was quite easy to prepare new DS-160 (I had a print out of the whole form) and take new photos. I went back in with these new documents. The lady asked me to wait for couple of minutes as she was attending to other applicants. Then she called me and checked the documents. She didn't ask for originals. She just took DS-160 confirmation page, passport and visa copy, I765 copy and 2 photos. For my kids, I had to include both parents' passport and visa copies. Then she said your passports may be ready for pickup in 5 working days. That's all. The whole process took just 30min.

I expected the passports to be ready by Friday. Unfortunately, the passports were not ready even on Monday. It was frustrating to see the status that the passports were still with US embassy/consulate. Surprisingly, my son's passport was ready for pickup on Monday evening. There was not status change for other family members. The next day morning, the same story continued. I called the call center. But they were not helpful other than repeating the online status. I kept checking online every 10min. I started losing hope.

By 1 PM, when I checked the status, it changed to "the status of passport is in origination scan" . Within next 5 min, the status changed to "your passport has been received from the consular section and being prepared for delivery". I was totally relieved.

I am going to collect my passports tomorrow.

Hope the above update will help everyone.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience

I have one query for dropbox (IWP) - Was your petitioner same or different when u went for dropbox submission.

Thanks.

Originally posted by vvasanth View Post
    My "dropbox" experience with Bengaluru location:

I went to dropbox location at Prestige Center in Bengaluru on Jul 3. Unfortunately, the collection center was closed on account of US Independence Day. But they were delivering passports. I was advised to come on the next working day i.e. Jul 6. When I went again on Jul 6, I was the first person to go in at 10AM. Surprisingly, there were only 6 persons waiting to drop the documents. The whole process was easy and stress-free. Pls don't carry any bags. Just carry only one small bag for the required documents.

I got token no.1. Went inside. The person at the desk asked me to hand over the documents for each person. (I applied for total 4 visa renewals.) The lady found two errors with the documents. The first one was with my wife's first name. The first name was supposed to be split as exactly mentioned in her passport. The second one was with my son's photo. The photo was to be taken without glasses. The lady was kind enough to advise me to prepare a new DS-160 form for my wife and new photo for my son.

There was a browsing center and photo studio in the next doors. So it was quite easy to prepare new DS-160 (I had a print out of the whole form) and take new photos. I went back in with these new documents. The lady asked me to wait for couple of minutes as she was attending to other applicants. Then she called me and checked the documents. She didn't ask for originals. She just took DS-160 confirmation page, passport and visa copy, I765 copy and 2 photos. For my kids, I had to include both parents' passport and visa copies. Then she said your passports may be ready for pickup in 5 working days. That's all. The whole process took just 30min.

I expected the passports to be ready by Friday. Unfortunately, the passports were not ready even on Monday. It was frustrating to see the status that the passports were still with US embassy/consulate. Surprisingly, my son's passport was ready for pickup on Monday evening. There was not status change for other family members. The next day morning, the same story continued. I called the call center. But they were not helpful other than repeating the online status. I kept checking online every 10min. I started losing hope.

By 1 PM, when I checked the status, it changed to "the status of passport is in origination scan" . Within next 5 min, the status changed to "your passport has been received from the consular section and being prepared for delivery". I was totally relieved.

I am going to collect my passports tomorrow.

Hope the above update will help everyone.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X