Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B : Mismatch in name on passport and I-129 and Petition : Need Help

Dear All,

For CAP 2016, My petition is approved . But I realized now that my name shown on petition form and my name on my passport are not matching.

Details are :

Name on Passport :
    Surname: (BLANK)
    Given Name: Sandeep Singh

Name on Petition:

Last name : Sandeep Singh
    First name: FNU ( No name)

I read some web pages and got some information that if I go for visa stamping now I'll get name printed on visa same as petition and will face problems in US while applying for DL and SSN. So right now I am in India, it will be good if I go and correct my name on my passport and apply for a amendment in petition.

I am expecting some comments from you all experts should I go ahead and change my name on passport ?

Is it difficult to make amendment in petition ?

Please help.

Thanks ,
    Sandeep Singh

its confusing

i am not an expert rather am also sailing the same boat, its really confusing about First name , middle name , surname.

Comment

First of all you need to correct your passport. Having a blank surname will cause headaches after you arrive in U.S. Your H1B petition need to be amended to match the name in the passport. Visa will be issued as per the name in your approval notice. Keep the name same in all these documents will save you a lot of trouble.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        First of all you need to correct your passport. Having a blank surname will cause headaches after you arrive in U.S. Your H1B petition need to be amended to match the name in the passport. Visa will be issued as per the name in your approval notice. Keep the name same in all these documents will save you a lot of trouble.
        Thanks a lot Shervin.

Any idea How much time petition amendment process will take ?

Comment

It usually takes 2-3 months by normal process (Although it is taking longer than that these days) and 15 days by premium.

Originally posted by SandeepSingh1988 View Post
          Thanks a lot Shervin.

Any idea How much time petition amendment process will take ?

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
            It usually takes 2-3 months by normal process (Although it is taking longer than that these days) and 15 days by premium.
            Thanks again.

Today I received my new passport with correct name:
            given name : Sandeep
            Surname : Singh

and I spoken with team in my company who handle all international travels they told me that for only name change there is no need to amend petition.
            you just fill D160 form with correct name (which is on new passport) while going for visa stamping.

so I have doubt here can I do that ? Is it allowed ?
            would they reject my visa if I do that ?

please suggest.

Comment

It is hard to predict as it depends on the VO. Most likely you should be okay. Carry both the old and the new passport when you attend the visa interview and any other name documents that support your name correction. In worst case, if the VO asks you to amend the petition, then you will have to amend the petition and go for stamping again with the amended approval notice.

Thanks again.

and I spoken with team in my company who handle all international travels they told me that for only name change there is no need to amend petition.
              you just fill D160 form with correct name (which is on new passport) while going for visa stamping.

please suggest.

Comment

awaiting answer

Thanks again.

please suggest.
                **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *
                Hi Sandeep,

Could you please share your visa stamping experience and let me know if everything went smooth. Coz i even i am in the same boat as yours.

Comment

visa stamping experience

Originally posted by vikas2future View Post
                  **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** *
                  Hi Sandeep,

Could you please share your visa stamping experience and let me know if everything went smooth. Coz i even i am in the same boat as yours.

Hi Sandeep,

Could you please share your visa stamping experience? TIA

Regards
                  Rajinder

Comment

Originally posted by vikas2future View Post
                    Hi Sandeep,

Hey

I am still waiting for stamping ....

Comment

Hello Everyone,

Things were not moving at my end...

Now finally I applied for amendment and I received new receipt notice with my correct name.

My company have taken stamping date for me but I have doubt :

as of now I have not received my new approved petition;
                      Q1 - can I go for stamping in above case ?
                      Q2- if I go then I'll be having my old approved petition and new receipt notice (both have different names) would this cause any problem ?

Thanks,
                      Sandeep

Comment

Dear All,

For CAP 2016, My petition is approved . But I realized now that my name shown on petition form and my name on my passport are not matching.

Details are :

Name on Passport :
                        Surname: (BLANK)
                        Given Name: Sandeep Singh

Name on Petition:

Last name : Sandeep Singh
                        First name: FNU ( No name)

I read some web pages and got some information that if I go for visa stamping now I'll get name printed on visa same as petition and will face problems in US while applying for DL and SSN. So right now I am in India, it will be good if I go and correct my name on my passport and apply for a amendment in petition.

I am expecting some comments from you all experts should I go ahead and change my name on passport ?

Is it difficult to make amendment in petition ?

Please help.

Thanks ,
                        Sandeep Singh
                        Hi Sandeep,

What happened to your case?
                        How much time does it take to update your name?

Thanks,
                        VKira

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X