Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b RFE Response. No status changed

Hi,

I filed my H1B extension in regular processing and upgraded to premium on RFE response.
    USCIS status changed from "RFE documents received" to "Upgraded to premium" to finally "Case was received and receipt notice was emailed". Its been 14 days since the status is same. I understand from other posts that USCIS will not start to look into the case unless they update the status to under processing.

So just wanted to understand if this is any cause of concern, especially since only one day remaining for 15 days clock to get over? Also, is is 15 calendar days or 15 working days?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by ash1183; 08-06-2015, 09:07 PM.

It is 15 calendar days. Sometimes it takes time for the online case status to be updated. You cannot 100% depend on that online case status. Wait for 15 days to be over. If USCIS cannot take a decision on your case within 15 days, they will refund your premium processing amount back.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Any update on h1b?

Please let me know.

Comment

Any update on h1b?

Hi Ash1183

Please let me know any updates on your h1b?

Comment

Hi Ash1183

Any update on h1b?

Comment

Did you get any update on h1b?

Originally posted by ash1183 View Post
            Hi,

I filed my H1B extension in regular processing and upgraded to premium on RFE response.
            USCIS status changed from "RFE documents received" to "Upgraded to premium" to finally "Case was received and receipt notice was emailed". Its been 14 days since the status is same. I understand from other posts that USCIS will not start to look into the case unless they update the status to under processing.

So just wanted to understand if this is any cause of concern, especially since only one day remaining for 15 days clock to get over? Also, is is 15 calendar days or 15 working days?

Thanks in advance
            Thank you

Comment

hi,
              Sorry guys for late response.
              I got my VISA approved. Got the decision in 15 calendar days exact. evening 4:30 pm stats got changed on CIS site
              However, now got into another prb. my company filed amendment also for the same location for which my extension petition was filed and finally approved.
              amendment was filed in normal processing, so it may take another 2-3 months to come.... i know its redundant, but they did filed few weeks amendment before my extension decision...
              now I wanted to know what will be the consequence for amendment decision on my extension decision?
              which one will be considered final approval, current extension or the amendment which is coming later?

Comment

Employer would have requested only the location change in the amendment filed. In such case, the approval (if approved) will come without a new I-94 attached. Your recently approved extension will be intact.

Originally posted by ash1183 View Post
                hi,
                Sorry guys for late response.
                I got my VISA approved. Got the decision in 15 calendar days exact. evening 4:30 pm stats got changed on CIS site
                However, now got into another prb. my company filed amendment also for the same location for which my extension petition was filed and finally approved.
                amendment was filed in normal processing, so it may take another 2-3 months to come.... i know its redundant, but they did filed few weeks amendment before my extension decision...
                now I wanted to know what will be the consequence for amendment decision on my extension decision?
                which one will be considered final approval, current extension or the amendment which is coming later?

Comment

Waiting for 14 days

Hi,

I've been waiting for 14 days. There is no response or no RFE. No update on the site. Nothing arrived at the attorney's office. My case was upgraded to Premium Processing 14 days ago. What is going on? Has anybody seen anything like this haapen?

Thank you.

Comment

There is still 1 more day and you need to be patient. If you don't get the response after 15 days, then USCIS will refund the PP money back. Was your case accepted as premium? What was the receipt date?

Originally posted by sirdi2015 View Post
                    Hi,

I've been waiting for 14 days. There is no response or no RFE. No update on the site. Nothing arrived at the attorney's office. My case was upgraded to Premium Processing 14 days ago. What is going on? Has anybody seen anything like this haapen?

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                      There is still 1 more day and you need to be patient. If you don't get the response after 15 days, then USCIS will refund the PP money back. Was your case accepted as premium? What was the receipt date?

Yes. The case was accepted in premium on 8/14/2015. The receipt date was 8/15/2015. So should I count the start of 15 days as 8/14 or 8/15 ? If USCIS refunds money, will the case continue in an expedited manner?

Thank you.

Comment

Whatever date that is printed on the receipt notice is the date that you should take into consideration. Lot of PP petitions have been approved on the very last day. So be patient. If USCIS refunds your PP money back, then for some reason they cannot take a decision in 15 days and so they might change the case back to normal processing.

Originally posted by sirdi2015 View Post
                        Yes. The case was accepted in premium on 8/14/2015. The receipt date was 8/15/2015. So should I count the start of 15 days as 8/14 or 8/15 ? If USCIS refunds money, will the case continue in an expedited manner?

Thank you.

Comment

Wait over!!

Thanks @shervin143. I got the approval finally today in the afternoon. I should have never transferred with just the receipt notice. It was one of the worst decisions I made. I never thought I would face this scenario because I am not working for any consulting firm, have all the right paperwork etc., It was this confidence that almost made me crazy. This entire drama took a toll on me over the last few days with all the posts that I read online about nightmare situations that people faced. I guess USCIS is impartial on that. Never again!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X