H1B Amendment due to location change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment due to location change

I need to move to a new location permanently for a new assignment for the same Employer. Now for location change a new LCA is needed and also H1B amendment. While my LCA and H1B amendment is in process

1. Is it legal to move to the new location while it is in process? or
    2. Is it legal to move to the new location and work from home?
    3. Can I move once the LCA is approved and H1B amendment is still in process?

I need to move to a new location permanently for a new assignment for the same Employer. Now for location change a new LCA is needed and also H1B amendment. While my LCA and H1B amendment is in process

1. Is it legal to move to the new location while it is in process? or
    >>> Before filing the H1B amendment, the LCA need to get amended. Once your receive the receipt notice for the H1B amendment, you can move.

2. Is it legal to move to the new location and work from home?
    >>> If the LCA and the H1B petition are amended for that work location (home address), then YES.

3. Can I move once the LCA is approved and H1B amendment is still in process?
    >>> Yes. But you should receive the receipt notice first.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I have one question on the same issue. After I change my mailing address, when I file AR11 for address change should I include the H-1B receipt number? When I tried to change my address, I got an email from USCIS that I am not allowed to access my H-1B petition.

Comment

Originally posted by h1bar11 View Post
        I have one question on the same issue. After I change my mailing address, when I file AR11 for address change should I include the H-1B receipt number? When I tried to change my address, I got an email from USCIS that I am not allowed to access my H-1B petition.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X