Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT: H1B visa stamping with client A docs while in client B

Hi,

I have a H1B petition which is processed by my company (well known IT company) for client-A. The petition is expired after 3 yrs and is again extended by same company for same client A. I am currently having the document set for the client A for this extended petition.

However recently i had to move to another client client-B, which is in a different location than client-A. Now i need to urgently travel for client-B. However since the LCA posting and the amendment approval for client-B will take time, planning to go for stamping with client-A details. And then in parallel file amendment for client-B and travel while the amendment is filed (heard that, we can travel with the amendment filed, need not be approved yet, if we already have valid visa).

Now my questions are:

1. What are the chances that VO asks for additional documents from client (i already have client letter and other docs used for petition). If asked, what kind of documents he/she may ask for?
    Reason is, if any additional documents asked from client-A (for which i'm going for stamping), i may not be able to get them, since i will be in client-B. What will be the risk for me in such case?
    2. If i just get the LCA and file amendment for client-B, can i go for stamping for client-B even before the amendment gets approved? If so, can i also travel even before the amendment approval?

Appreciate any quick response, as i need to urgently travel, and #1 above seems to be the way so far, so wanted to know the risks involved in it.

Thank you so much in advance,
    KA

1. What are the chances that VO asks for additional documents from client (i already have client letter and other docs used for petition). If asked, what kind of documents he/she may ask for?
    Reason is, if any additional documents asked from client-A (for which i'm going for stamping), i may not be able to get them, since i will be in client-B. What will be the risk for me in such case?
    >>> Since you are producing the client letter, the VO if required can check with the client to ensure the project exists (They can do if they suspect anything fishy). If the client respond negatively, then it will become an issue. The client letter need to contain a recent date. It cannot be 3-4 months old.

2. If i just get the LCA and file amendment for client-B, can i go for stamping for client-B even before the amendment gets approved? If so, can i also travel even before the amendment approval?
    >>> No. You will need the latest amended petition to go for the visa stamping. Otherwise the VO issue you a 221g and ask you to wait until USCIS takes a decision on your amendment.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X