Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 to H4 EAD

Hi,

I came in USA as H4 and then went to school. Now I am on F1 visa. I will finish my school (business school) by 2015 april. So I have an option to go get OPT and work 1 year and then try to get H1 sponsorship. Or I can go to H4 EAD status as my husband has approved I140. But I change from F1 to H4 (and EAD) during OPT period, will I be able to work from the day of COS application to the day it is approved?
    Please help.

You cannot work until the H4 EAD gets approved.

Originally posted by Sudipto Das View Post
    Hi,

I came in USA as H4 and then went to school. Now I am on F1 visa. I will finish my school (business school) by 2015 april. So I have an option to go get OPT and work 1 year and then try to get H1 sponsorship. Or I can go to H4 EAD status as my husband has approved I140. But I change from F1 to H4 (and EAD) during OPT period, will I be able to work from the day of COS application to the day it is approved?
    Please help.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

So you mean I will not be able to work on OPT the moment I apply for H4 COS? Should I then go to H4 now? Can I apply H4 COS and EAD together?

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      You cannot work until the H4 EAD gets approved.

Comment

So you mean I will not be able to work on OPT the moment I apply for H4 COS? Should I then go to H4 now?
        >>> Nope. That is not what I said. Well, you did not say that you already have OPT. You mentioned that you have an option to get OPT. If you already have OPT, then you can start working and you can file a COS from F1 to H4. You can remain in F1 OPT until the H4 COS gets approved. You need to stop working immediately once the H4 COS gets approved. You can begin working again when the H4 EAD gets approved. Just because you apply the COS to H4 and H4 EAD together, it doesn't mean that you will get both approved together. EAD will get approved only after the COS gets approved.

Can I apply H4 COS and EAD together?
        >>> Yes.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X