Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Stamping for the first time immediately after H1B transfer. Any issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping for the first time immediately after H1B transfer. Any issues?

Hi All,

I have H1B stamping interview in November. I am planning to switch employers in October and assuming my H1B will get transferred in October.

1) When I go to India in November, I would not be having enough payslips from the new employer to show during the interview. Do you think any problems in stamping could arise due to this issue?

2) I have already filled out a DS-160 form mentioning the name of my current employer. However when I go to the interview my employer would change and hence I would have to make changes to DS-160. How do I go about it?

Thanks in advance!

1) When I go to India in November, I would not be having enough payslips from the new employer to show during the interview. Do you think any problems in stamping could arise due to this issue?
    >>> No issues. You just need to carry your latest payslips irrespective of the employer to prove that you maintained the H1B status. And the pay in your payslip should reflect your approved LCA. That is all matters.

2) I have already filled out a DS-160 form mentioning the name of my current employer. However when I go to the interview my employer would change and hence I would have to make changes to DS-160. How do I go about it?
    >>> Create a new DS160 and book the appointment.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X