Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency visit to India - F1 active, H1 approved - NEED ADVICE

Hello everyone,

Immigration status: My F1 visa is active until May 2016. My H1B got approved this year and hasn't been stamped on passport yet.

Current Issue: One of my family member is terminally ill and I need to visit India as soon as I can. I might not be be able to complete H1 stamping procedures etc in time for me to get H1 stamped in India during this visit

Question: Can I travel to India and come back to the US without getting the H1 stamped? My F1 is active but could there be a problem on the airport regarding my visa status, that I have my H1 approved but I am traveling back to US based on my F1 visa? Please give me your suggestions as to what can be the best case scenario for me in terms of getting any documents/planning my visit.
    Thanks a lot!!!!

Did your H1B get approved as a COS from F1 (Approval with a new I-94) or for consular process?
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
      Did your H1B get approved as a COS from F1 (Approval with a new I-94) or for consular process?
      As a COS. I came to the US on F1 visa, completed masters. Started working and the employer sponsored H1 this year which got approved.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X