H4 processing taking longer than the processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 processing taking longer than the processing time

My wife applied for H4 processing from F1 OPT on June 1st, 2015. We received receipt from USICS, that application was received by vermont service center on June 3rd. Processing time is 2.5 months for vermont service center, but until now, there is no further processing done on the application. I tried to check the status online and by phone to uscis. Both cases, they say that it's still under processing time. It crossed more than 3 months. Is there any way to follow-up on this? Please suggest.

Originally posted by Ajay3255 View Post
    My wife applied for H4 processing from F1 OPT on June 1st, 2015. We received receipt from USICS, that application was received by vermont service center on June 3rd. Processing time is 2.5 months for vermont service center, but until now, there is no further processing done on the application. I tried to check the status online and by phone to uscis. Both cases, they say that it's still under processing time. It crossed more than 3 months. Is there any way to follow-up on this? Please suggest.
    Unfortunately, they are right. The 2.5 month estimate is simply that - an estimate. Based on past experience, you should have your wife's case being looked at sooner rather than later. For now, waiting would be the only option. The easier way out would be to travel and get the H4 stamped at a consulate but of course, there are logistics involved with that.

Comment

Originally posted by ker2usa View Post
      Unfortunately, they are right. The 2.5 month estimate is simply that - an estimate. Based on past experience, you should have your wife's case being looked at sooner rather than later. For now, waiting would be the only option. The easier way out would be to travel and get the H4 stamped at a consulate but of course, there are logistics involved with that.
      hi ker, if the H4 application is still in process and we are waiting for approval, can my spouse travel to India and get it stamped? Wouldn't travelling result in abandonment of the the COS?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X