Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-B Transfer to new employer but preference to work with previous employer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B Transfer to new employer but preference to work with previous employer?

I am working on H1-B visa in US with company X. I applied for company Y since my project with company X was getting over. I got through company Y and they filed for my H1-B petition transfer.

Company X is now offering me another project in same location and I prefer to continue with company X. In the event of my petition transfer to company Y, can I still continue working for company X?

Also my H1-B petition with company X expires next year. In case, I continue with company X will they have to file for an extension next year or petition transfer since my petition was transferred to company Y?

Thanks!

I am working on H1-B visa in US with company X. I applied for company Y since my project with company X was getting over. I got through company Y and they filed for my H1-B petition transfer.

Company X is now offering me another project in same location and I prefer to continue with company X. In the event of my petition transfer to company Y, can I still continue working for company X?
    >>> Yes.

Also my H1-B petition with company X expires next year. In case, I continue with company X will they have to file for an extension next year or petition transfer since my petition was transferred to company Y?
    >>> They will need to file an extension before the I-94 associated with their petition expires.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1-B Transfer to new employer but preference to work with previous employer?

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post

>>> Yes.

>>> They will need to file an extension before the I-94 associated with their petition expires.

So, in such case my previous employer will never get to know about my new petition? or there will not be any extra paper work or cost involved in my extension.

Comment

So, in such case my previous employer will never get to know about my new petition?
        >>> Not unless you tell them.

or there will not be any extra paper work or cost involved in my extension.
        >>> Nope.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X