Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Guidance and Possibilities of changing company

Hi Team ,

I have an offer from US based MNC who has sponsored me H1b and I have got my visa approved too . Here is my concern :

Should I be with same company as they have got a agreement signed with me (PFA) or Can I go ahead and find another company in US ?

[ This concern is because initially they had told its InHouse Project and then be deployed to clients , but now they say I have to train myself in some Frameworks in INDIA and then again 3 months training in US where in they would be paying me same salary as in INDIA now !!! ]

Note : If I can go ahead and change which would be best means of applying to US companies from India who can sponsor for transportation too as I am still in india.

TIA
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Madhav0922; 10-09-2015, 01:49 AM.

Originally posted by Madhav0922 View Post
    Hi Team ,

I have an offer from US based MNC who has sponsored me H1b and I have got my visa approved too . Here is my concern :

Should I be with same company as they have got a agreement signed with me (PFA) or Can I go ahead and find another company in US ?

[ This concern is because initially they had told its InHouse Project and then be deployed to clients , but now they say I have to train myself in some Frameworks in INDIA and then again 3 months training in US where in they would be paying me same salary as in INDIA now !!! ]

Note : If I can go ahead and change which would be best means of applying to US companies from India who can sponsor for transportation too as I am still in india.

TIA
    If you are not comfortable with the revised employment conditions, you can certainly change employer. First thing you need to to is find another employer willing to file H1 petition for you and has the work and compensation you desire.
    Now, since you are already cap counted, you are cap exempt for 6 Years, you need not be part of the lottery again. All that you need to do is provide the next employer with a copy of your current approved petition (I797) and they would be able to file a new I129 for you. The approval will give a new I797, and then you can travel with the new I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for Response but i could get one of the Link in immihelp forum (https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer/) , According to this I think i can try for any company and employer can transfer my status to thier company .

Hi Team ,

TIA

Comment

Well, that is exactly what the response to your previous question was. The previous response says that any employer can file a H1B transfer for you.

Thanks for Response but i could get one of the Link in immihelp forum (https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer/) , According to this I think i can try for any company and employer can transfer my status to thier company .
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X