Switching Employer and visa stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switching Employer and visa stamping

I have my H1b visa approved with employer A from 10/25/2013 to 8/28/2016 and am currently working with Employer A. I have an offer from employer B and they are processing my H1B transfer. I need to go to india in this December. Assuming, I get the approval by November End, Can I get my visa stamped on employer B ?

Sure, why not? If you have employer B's approval notice, then you certainly get the visa stamped using their petition.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Switching Employer and visa stamping

There are two questions I have:

1) If I resign employer A in November, and join Employer B in January, will I be out of status in December. if yes, will that create any problem in future?
      2) For visa stamping , the document list shows you should carry paystubs from current employer. are those required?

Comment

1) If I resign employer A in November, and join Employer B in January, will I be out of status in December. if yes, will that create any problem in future?
        >>> You will be out of status only if you stay in U.S without working and getting paid while on H1B status. When you leave the country, you are in no status. So it is not an issue.

2) For visa stamping , the document list shows you should carry paystubs from current employer. are those required?
        >>> Yes. That is the proof that you maintained your H1B status while you were in U.S. It can be asked by the VO.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X