Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get H1 receipt number from USCIS

Hi All,

My H1 petition is approved for time period Oct 2015 to Oct 2016. It was done by my current Employer A. They are not sharing the receipt number and all I have is LCA number.
    Is there any way I can get the receipt number from USCIS directly? I came across the Freedom of Information Act on their web site. Will that help?
    I need this because I want to switch to a different employer and as per my info and some of the blogs here, receipt number is all that is required.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by rohit.kulkarni88 View Post
    Hi All,

My H1 petition is approved for time period Oct 2015 to Oct 2016. It was done by my current Employer A. They are not sharing the receipt number and all I have is LCA number.
    Is there any way I can get the receipt number from USCIS directly? I came across the Freedom of Information Act on their web site. Will that help?
    I need this because I want to switch to a different employer and as per my info and some of the blogs here, receipt number is all that is required.

Thanks in advance.
    I dont think it will be easy to get that, after all its Employer's petition . FOIA would need time and a good lawyer don't know the success rate of the same.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Get H1 receipt number from USCIS

Thank you raghvi for your reply.

I have one more query:
      If I switch my job, then I read on this site that USCIS needs to be informed about this. Will they(USCIS) send my receipt number directly to my new employer? If yes, from where can I know the procedure?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X