Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SSN issue

Hi,

I did an internship on J1 visa but wasn't issued a Social Security Number as the internship wasn't funded by the university. Now, if I file H1b visa, do I need to have that Social security number? Kindly let me know.

Thanks!

SSN is not required to file H1B. Once H1B gets approved, you need to file for SSN so that employer can deduct appropriate taxes.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

I also wanted to know whether provisional degree would suffice or I need the final degree?

Comment

You need the final degree certificate.

Originally posted by Codelock View Post
        Thank you for your response.

I also wanted to know whether provisional degree would suffice or I need the final degree?

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
          You need the final degree certificate.
          But, as mentioned on the website(http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-...016-cap-season) under the heading "Evidence of Beneficiary’s Educational Background", there is an alternate way. Is that not right?

Comment

Is there a reason why you do not have your final degree certificate with you? Is that lost or is that because you are yet to receive it?

But, as mentioned on the website(http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-...016-cap-season) under the heading "Evidence of Beneficiary’s Educational Background", there is an alternate way. Is that not right?

Comment

Is there a reason why you do not have your final degree certificate with you? Is that lost or is that because you are yet to receive it?
              I am yet to receive it.

Comment

In that case, a copy of the provisional certificate along with a letter from your school (DSO) will work.

I am yet to receive it.

Comment

in that case, a copy of the provisional certificate along with a letter from your school (dso) will work.
                  dso??

Comment

Designated School Officials.

dso??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X