• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to USA 3 days before Visa Expiry date

Hi,

My VISA stamping visa expiry date: 31-DEC-2015

New I 797 petition Expiry date: 30-MAY-2017

I am planning to visit india in this month and planning to travel back to USA on 28-DEC-2015. I will reach to USA on 29-DEC-2015.

Please clarify my below questions.. I am tensed...

Questions:

1. Is there any issues if i travel with existing visa before 3 days expiry? How many days before i can travel ? Will they Allow to travel to USA in India ?

2. Do I need to go for VISA STAMPING ?

1. Is there any issues if i travel with existing visa before 3 days expiry? How many days before i can travel ? Will they Allow to travel to USA in India ?
    >>> There are times the officer at the POE will issue you the I-94 only till the visa expiry date. If that happens, you will have no time to file an extension. If that happens, then you will have to leave the country again, apply for the H1B visa using your extended petition and return back. You can also be question about why your visa is not extended.

2. Do I need to go for VISA STAMPING?
    >>> Advisable to do so. This never use to be a problem before. These days, many officers are issuing I-94 only till the visa expiry date instead of the petition expiry date. Whether to take that risk or not is up to you.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X