Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport collection after approved visa

Hi,

I am new to this forum so please forgive me if this has been posted.
    I had my H1B renewal visa approved ( different company ) here at Tijuana, Mexico, yesterday, 12-14-15.

The consular officer told me at the interview that my passport would have been ready for pickup the same day, had my employer uploaded my application( I assume she meant I129) to the USCIS website.
    But since they hadnt done so, the consulate would have to call USCIS and the passport would definitely be ready the next day.
    My employer tells me it is the USCIS and not the employer who uploads the application.

I came back the next day ( 12-15-15 ) but it is not ready for pickup yet and they are not giving any other information about its status.
    I checked on the ceac status tracker with ds160 number and it says my visa has gone to administrative processing, although the consular officer told me it was approved.

Anyone gone through this experience? Any pointers will help.
    Stuck in a foreign country without passport, not knowing the language.
    Jealous of H1Bs enjoying the desi food in bay area

This is not new. Looks like your H1B petition details did not get uploaded to the PIMS system. USCIS should upload these documents so that it is available for the consulate officers to take a look. This usually happens if you schedule your visa interview immediately after the petition being approved. Sometimes USCIS takes a bit of time to upload them. Your employer won't be able to upload these documents to PIMS. Only USCIS can do it. In cases like this, the consulate will ask USCIS to upload the documents. Until that happens, the case status will show as "Admin Processing". Once USCIS uploads the documents, the VO can review it and issue you the visa. It typically takes anywhere between a week or two. There isn't much you could do other than wait.
    Last edited by shervin143; 12-15-2015, 09:19 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

@shervin143: Thanks for your reply.
      The consulate returned my passport to me today, 4 days after the interview with visa stamped.
      Some more H1b junta with me at Tijuana had same issues with PIMS update.
      One person even had his PIMS up to date when the interview was conducted, still wasn't returned the passport for 3 days.
      Most of them, including me, had gone for immediate visa interview after I797 approval.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X