Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Reinstatement + Clock Reset

Hi,

This forum has been really helpful in covering quite a few topics and queries the answers to which aren't easily accessible. I would like to know your thoughts on my scenario mentioned below:

I got my 1st H1B Visa in October 2008 on which I worked till August 2009 (11 months) after which I returned to India and joined another company. I went on an L1 to the US with this company in May 2012 and returned back to India in July 2015 (3 years 2 months).
    I understood from this and similar forums that even though it has been more than 6 years since my H1B was issued, if I were to apply for a cap-exempt reinstatement the USCIS is to likely to approve the application.
    I had a couple of questions:
    • Would my years in the US on an L1 reduce my remaining H1B years, leaving me with a possible (6yrs - 11 mths - 3yrs 2mths) 1 year 11 months of work on the reinstated visa or would they not be counted?
    • If I were to apply for a reinstatement after August 2016, would the clock be reset on the cap-exempt H1B and if so how many years would I have remaining?
    • When should I apply for a new H1B visa in order to be able to work for the full 6 years with a clock reset? Is the time of reset counted till the time of application (April 2016) or when the H1B becomes valid (October 2016)?

Thanks,
    Sid

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X