Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B amendment/ extension in process at the same time as H1-B transfer

Hi All,

My current I-94 is valid till 08/26/2016. My current employer, A, filed an H1-B amendment/ extension for me on 12/30/2015 under normal processing, due to a work location change. I received the receipt notice from USCIS and started working in the new location in January.
    I now have a new prospective employer, B, who is willing to file for an H1-B transfer, under premium processing, and will file the petition in February.

a) Is it ok to file a H1-B transfer petition before the decision on the amendment/ extension is made or am I risking an RFE/denial of the H1-B transfer? Would it be better to wait for an approval on my current petition before I file any new petitions? (I am not sure my new employer will wait till my old petition is approved)

b) Assuming that my H1-B transfer petition can be filed now and gets approved, what do I need to do if my amendment gets approved later. Will i have to go back to work at my old employer A or can I continue at B?

c) Will my employer A be informed of the transfer petition that will be filed on my name by employer B?

I am thoroughly confused and would really appreciate answers that could shed some light on my questions. Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X