Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travel to hom country near petition expiry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to hom country near petition expiry.

Hi All,

My current petition is going to expire in September-2016 and my wife who is with me now may have to travel to India and planning to return back before my petition expiry date.
    My company is currently in the process of filing a H1-B petition extension and has just finished LCA.

Question that I have is, is it safe for my wife to travel to India(with valid visa until sep-2016) and return back in the beginning of september?
    I am planning to stay here until I get my new petition in hand.

But for any unavoidable situation I also have to travel and return close to my current petition expiry date, what are the risks that I will be facing.
    Also, my company is in the process to start by green card processing and expected to get it actually started in a month.

Your help is immensely appreciated.

Thanks.

Originally posted by userind View Post
    Hi All,

My current petition is going to expire in September-2016 and my wife who is with me now may have to travel to India and planning to return back before my petition expiry date.
    My company is currently in the process of filing a H1-B petition extension and has just finished LCA.

Question that I have is, is it safe for my wife to travel to India(with valid visa until sep-2016) and return back in the beginning of september?
    I am planning to stay here until I get my new petition in hand.

But for any unavoidable situation I also have to travel and return close to my current petition expiry date, what are the risks that I will be facing.
    Also, my company is in the process to start by green card processing and expected to get it actually started in a month.

Your help is immensely appreciated.

Thanks.
    Would advise filing extension in premium, and travel with it. And if too close to visa expiry, then to get new stamping done with the new petition.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X