Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the pros and cons of having the baby born in USA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the pros and cons of having the baby born in USA?

Hello all,

I want to know the pros and cons of having the baby born in USA or sending the wife back home to India to have it delivered in India. I'm a H1B holder and currently applying for a GC. However,I don't want to settle here. I will move back to India in the next 3 or 4 years.
    In that case,what would be a better option?
    1.Should I have to pay extra fees in school in the NRI quota?
    2. Will the kid be able to get a college under normal admission or only by NRI Quota?
    3.Will it affect in applying for govt jobs or civil services?
    4.If the baby is born in USA,should I keep renewing the USA passport from India ,without being in USA?
    5.Should I keep renewing the PIO card every now and then?
    6.Is the naturalization process for PIO easy if the child grows up in India till 18?

Thanks in advance for your answers

If you do not have plans to settle in US and you are sure about it, then better the baby can born in India to avoid all these complications.

Comment

Originally posted by desperatehusband View Post
      . and currently applying for a GC. However,I don't want to settle here. I will move back to India in the next 3 or 4 years.
      What's the purpose behind applying for permanent residency if you have no plans to be in the US?

Comment

I guess it's 'prestigious' to have a US green card even if they plan on staying in the USA only 1 month per year. I recently read a post where someone maintained his/her GC for 7 years by living in the USA just a month every year...

Comment

Originally posted by TarCas View Post
          I guess it's 'prestigious' to have a US green card even if they plan on staying in the USA only 1 month per year. I recently read a post where someone maintained his/her GC for 7 years by living in the USA just a month every year...
          US Permanent Residency (GC) comes with responsibilities that shouldn't be taken lightly. Prestige for the sake of just having a green card?
          A green card is not for those who have no intention of making a permanent life in the US.

Comment

Relax we are on the same side of this argument...

Comment

Originally posted by TarCas View Post
              Relax we are on the same side of this argument...
              Agreed.. I was relaxed

Comment

Originally posted by nanda_7787 View Post
                If you do not have plans to settle in US and you are sure about it, then better the baby can born in India to avoid all these complications.
                My visa is expiring and I want to stay in USA for few more years and then settle back in India.....So I just want to know whether it is better to have the baby here or in India?

Comment

India

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X