Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221g blue slip after dropbox submission for H-1B visa - doubt reg photo resubmission

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g blue slip after dropbox submission for H-1B visa - doubt reg photo resubmission

Hi, I went to the dropbox location in Chennai earlier this month for my H-1B visa stamping (extension), and submitted 2 photos per specification, photocopies of previous I-797 and curent I-797, and my passport (and of course, DS-160 application and dropbox confirmation).

Almost 10 days later, I got a 221g blue slip, asking me to submit a new passport as "the old one is coming apart" . I applied for a new passport at the passport office, and eventually went to the same dropbox location on Friday (24th June) with the old and new passport, supporting documents/photocopies and 2 photos per specification.

The lady at the dropbox counter only asked for my new passport and a filled out 221G submission letter - I asked her multiple times if any other documents are needed, specifically if I should submit two photos like last time, and the lady assured me that nothing other than what was specified in the blue slip was needed. She then took my new passport and 221g submission letter, and checked/updated my case number and said that "my case was accepted".

I am still confused/a little worried, could the members of this forum please help clarify if I should have submitted those two photos along with the new passport ? My assumption is that photo is not needed if blue slip was received after a visa interview , since it would be taken at the US embassy anyway. However, for dropbox, in my case, both the photos I submitted were returned along with my old passport when I received the blue slip, so I am worried there may be further delays due to "missing photo".

I regularly check the CEAC visa status page, the date was updated both yesterday (27th) and today (28th) but is still under AP.
    Thanks in advance for your help!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X