Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 VISA and GC process

Hi There,

I have situation I need help/suggestion on that.

I have H1B which is valid till Jan2017. I am going on vacation for India form Aug and Sep. My current VISA stamping is expired and need to go for stamping. My GC process is in progress

1. Will that be problem if I have only 4 months left and I am going for stamping?
    2. Will VISA office get information about my GC process? I got labour approval.
    3. Shall I ask my Employer to process my I-140 in premium to avoid any issues?

Can someone please suggest me?

Originally posted by abhay.girwalkar View Post
    Hi There,

I have H1B which is valid till Jan2017. I am going on vacation for India form Aug and Sep. My current VISA stamping is expired and need to go for stamping. My GC process is in progress

1. Will that be problem if I have only 4 months left and I am going for stamping?

No issues.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

Hi There,

What's the validity date on the I797, which you will show when you attend the H1 visa interview?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        What's the validity date on the I797, which you will show when you attend the H1 visa interview?
        on I797 it says 15 Jan 2017.

Comment

on I797 it says 15 Jan 2017.
          You need an I797 beyond that in order to get visa beyond Jan 2017.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X