H1B - CAP Exempt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - CAP Exempt

I am working for company A from 2007. I got one H1B petition from Company B in 2010 which got expired in MARCH 2011. I have not used that CAP at all.

I am currently in US through Company A on L1A Visa from March 2013. (from 3yrs 3 months ).

As I cannot switch from L1A, I would like to use my old unused H1B. So I am planning to find any employer who is ready to use that old H1B petition and file it as CAP EXEMPT.

Now, given my above case, I have few questions like below on this situation:

(1) I assume that technically I should be able to switch my employer using the unused H1B under CAP EXEMPT
    (2) If point#1 is true, then will I get all 6 years as I have not used H1B cap at all or will my stay on L1A also will be accounted and then I wil get only the remaining time like in above case it will get only 2yrs 9 months?
    (3) If I do get the H1B through CAP EXEMPT, will I loose my L1A status immediately or only after I join the new EMPLOYER.

Will really appreciate if you can help me with the above 3 questions.

Can you please provide me the advise on the above questions.

Really appreciate the response.

Comment

Any advise/response on above questions.

Comment

Hi Raghvi....can you please provide your advise on the below situation.

Comment

Originally posted by vimal_query View Post
          Hi Raghvi....can you please provide your advise on the below situation.
          I don't think the H1 is cap exempt as it was filed over 6 years back and never used.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X