Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS 160 - Any relatives in the US

Hi
    I have query on the question from DS160 about any relatives in the US.
    My organization (Reputed MNC) filed L1b visa last year which was rejected during the stamping citing reason 214(b) though VO dint ask anything about my relatives in the US.

Now this year my org has filed H1B which is picked up in the lottery and approved.
    Now in the DS 160 (Submitted) I have mentioned about my brother as sibling in the US who is on L1A(Non Immigrant).

I have my queries as below
    1. Answering Yes to question -> Relatives in the US - can cause potential immigrant issue. I have only one brother who is on Non-immigrant Visa. Is it really a showstopper
    2. What are the chances of rejection due to this in the stamping? Did any one come across such situation before.
    3. My Immigration team suggested not to mention about any relatives in the US and asked me to submit fresh DS160. Does VO compare your old and new DS160 in the interview. In that case,VO can ask why I have made last moment changes.
    4. What questions I can expect in this situation from VO as I have never come across such cases on-line on any forum. Experts can refer to such situations if any.
    5. Any other suggestions

Please help!! Appreciate your response

Originally posted by nikhil2015 View Post
    Hi
    I have query on the question from DS160 about any relatives in the US.
    My organization (Reputed MNC) filed L1b visa last year which was rejected during the stamping citing reason 214(b) though VO dint ask anything about my relatives in the US.

Now this year my org has filed H1B which is picked up in the lottery and approved.
    Now in the DS 160 (Submitted) I have mentioned about my brother as sibling in the US who is on L1A(Non Immigrant).

I have my queries as below
    1. Answering Yes to question -> Relatives in the US - can cause potential immigrant issue. I have only one brother who is on Non-immigrant Visa. Is it really a showstopper
    2. What are the chances of rejection due to this in the stamping? Did any one come across such situation before.
    3. My Immigration team suggested not to mention about any relatives in the US and asked me to submit fresh DS160. Does VO compare your old and new DS160 in the interview. In that case,VO can ask why I have made last moment changes.
    4. What questions I can expect in this situation from VO as I have never come across such cases on-line on any forum. Experts can refer to such situations if any.
    5. Any other suggestions

Please help!! Appreciate your response
    1, 2, 3. Do not lie on a DS-160, no matter what your immigration team says. They have all you past information in DS-160 in front of you, and software is intelligent enough to alert the officer in case you made any significant changes in your DS-160. Your brother being on L1A should not impact your H1 application.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X