Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passport Expiration Issue (H1b stamping and Re-Entry issue)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Expiration Issue (H1b stamping and Re-Entry issue)

My passport will expire in May 2017 and i am travelling to India in November 2016 for stamping (no time for passport renewal)

Let me know what issues I can probably face with:

1. H1b Visa stamping (interview date falls outside 6 months validity window) - Any issue with Visa validity/I94 validity?
    2. US re-entry with passport expiring in 5 months (Return date falls within 6 months validity window)

Could you please advice on how I can avoid issues.

If 6 months validity rule is not applicable for an Indian citizen, then Is it advisable to visit Mexico in December 2016 and then renew the passport from Washington later in Jan 2017?

Thank you!!

Originally posted by PSU View Post
    My passport will expire in May 2017 and i am travelling to India in November 2016 for stamping (no time for passport renewal)

Let me know what issues I can probably face with:

1. H1b Visa stamping (interview date falls outside 6 months validity window) - Any issue with Visa validity/I94 validity?
    2. US re-entry with passport expiring in 5 months (Return date falls within 6 months validity window)

Could you please advice on how I can avoid issues.

If 6 months validity rule is not applicable for an Indian citizen, then Is it advisable to visit Mexico in December 2016 and then renew the passport from Washington later in Jan 2017?

Thank you!!
    The issue I see is that even if you do get a visa in the till I797 expiry, the I-94 that you will get at the POE will most likely match the passport expiry.

Secondly, if unfortunately, your H1 visa processing goes into admin processing for a few months, they may eventually ask to renew the passport in India itself.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X