Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

administrative processing post approval

Originally posted by pm1204 View Post
    I am facing the same issue as you all. During my interview, my visa officer told me my visa was approved and that I'll receive the passport within 5 business days. However, its been 22 calendar days since my interview, and I haven't received my passport or any update. There was no slip handed over to me during the interview. Here are the dates:

Case Creation Date: 20-Dec-2016
    Status Updated Date: 21-Dec-2016

Hoping for this to get resolved soon!
    Hello pm1204

In which consulate you gave your interview? I am waiting since december 23rd(hyderabad consulate). No change in my case.

Comment

Administrative processing - Mumbai consulate

Visa was approved but status shows Administrative processing.

Consulate: Mumbai
      Case Creation Date: 22-Dec-2016
      Status Updated Date: 23-Dec-2016

Comment

Still In Administrative Processing

It's the same for a lot of us. Visa approved during the interview but case went to AP after that. Here's my case summary

20-Dec : Interview
        21-Dec : Administrative Processing
        06-Jan : Ready
        11-Jan : Ready
        12-Jan : Administrative Processing.

No updates since yesterday and Monday being a holiday, its going to be a sad weekend

Comment

Issued

Originally posted by adi1 View Post
          Visa was approved but status shows Administrative processing.

Consulate: Mumbai
          Case Creation Date: 22-Dec-2016
          Status Updated Date: 23-Dec-2016

Update

Comment

Visa Issued

My status got changed to Issued on 13th Jan, I should get the passport on Tuesday. I was interviewed on 20th Dec at Delhi.

Comment

H1B Status - Administrative Processing, No Slip - 12/23/2016, Hyde Consulate.

Hello All,

I attended the H1B Visa interview on 23-Dec-2016 at Hyderabad Consulate.

Here is the interview update:

Who is your employer: ***Infotech
              Who is your Client: *** Inc
              May I see the I-797: Here it is...
              What is your highest degree: Master in computer science

Then he typed something for 20 seconds, and said system is not responding, after another 20 seconds, he said 'I need to send this for Admin-Processing'. VO officer returned my I-797 and kept my passport. Its 1/13 and no update yet. I have to hold of my travel plan due to this :-(

Guys, please share if any one of you have attended the interview on 23-Dec at Hyde consulate and going through similar situation.

Comment

Same situation

Originally posted by KKPI View Post
                Hello All,

I attended the H1B Visa interview on 23-Dec-2016 at Hyderabad Consulate.

Here is the interview update:

Who is your employer: ***Infotech
                Who is your Client: *** Inc
                May I see the I-797: Here it is...
                What is your highest degree: Master in computer science

Then he typed something for 20 seconds, and said system is not responding, after another 20 seconds, he said 'I need to send this for Admin-Processing'. VO officer returned my I-797 and kept my passport. Its 1/13 and no update yet. I have to hold of my travel plan due to this :-(

Guys, please share if any one of you have attended the interview on 23-Dec at Hyde consulate and going through similar situation.
                Hello ,

I am on the same boat !! I have attended interview on 23rd December at Hyderabad consulate and VO told my visa is approved and from then my status went to administrative processing. No change till today .

Comment

Same status, no update yet 1/17 10.50 IST...

Originally posted by jith06 View Post
                  Hello ,

I am on the same boat !! I have attended interview on 23rd December at Hyderabad consulate and VO told my visa is approved and from then my status went to administrative processing. No change till today .

Hello Jith06 - Do you see any update for your case or any documents they requested for?

Comment

Waiting

Originally posted by KKPI View Post
                    Hello Jith06 - Do you see any update for your case or any documents they requested for?
                    Nope !! I haven't got any update from them and they haven't requested any documents.

Comment

Issued

Hey

Case Created: 23rd Jan Mumbai Consulate [Was in Admin Processing even though i was approved by the Officer]
                      Case Updated: 13th Jan ISSUED

Passport Status : 16th Jan Ready for pickup

Picked up my passport with my H1B Stamp.
                      Big relief, best of luck .

FYI: No documents were requested. Not sure why it went into Admin Processing

Comment

Admin Processing after H1B and H4 Visas Approved

Hi all,

Seems that I also am going through what a lot of you have gone through already. I applied for my H1B and H4 for my wife and kid. Below are the details:

OFC Appointment: 05-Jan-2017
                        Interview: 09-Jan-2017

I checked the ceac website the first time on 11th so I don't know what it might have shown as status on the 9th and 10th after my interview.

Case created: 06-Jan-2017
                        Last Updated: 12-Jan-2017

I'm tracking it via ceac website, ustraveldocs website, and by sending emails to .

Tracking Info:
                        CEAC - "Administrative Processing"

USTravelDocs website: "Your passport is still with US Embassy/Consulate."

Till yesterday the reply to my sending an email was "Your passport is still with post", whereas today it is "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

Can anyone make anything out of this?

Regards.

Comment

I am in the same situation:
                          Interview date : jan 6th
                          status update: jan 11th

Comment

Originally posted by apfuss View Post
                            Hi all,

Seems that I also am going through what a lot of you have gone through already. I applied for my H1B and H4 for my wife and kid. Below are the details:

I checked the ceac website the first time on 11th so I don't know what it might have shown as status on the 9th and 10th after my interview.

I'm tracking it via ceac website, ustraveldocs website, and by sending emails to .

Tracking Info:

Till yesterday the reply to my sending an email was "Your passport is still with post", whereas today it is "There is no status update available for the passport number submitted."

Regards.
                            Hello apfuss, which location?

Comment

administrative processing post approval

Originally posted by apfuss View Post
                              Hi all,

Tracking Info:

Regards.
                              Hello apfuss,

"There is no status update available for the passport number submitted" is the generic message you get after 10 days if your interview. I am waiting since 23rd december.

Comment

Originally posted by rahkamath View Post
                                Hey No update from my end,

Case created and update are both Dec 23rd. Nothing has changed :-(

Called the Embassy they are like wait. ASked if i need to submit docs, they are like nothing as of now. if we need will email .
                                How did you call the Embassy? How did you manager to talk to a human?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X