Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employed with consulting firm and returning to India

Hi guys,

One of the consulting firm in US is holding my H1-B. I worked through them for three clients in US and returned to India in August because of some health issues.

Now I my concern is :

1. Will my consulting firm will continue paying taxes to USCIS even I am not in US?
    2. Since I have returned to India for some long time say an year and since I have not resigned from this desi consulting firm in US, Is it illegal to work in India or against Indian work laws, being still an employee of this H1-b holder consulting firm?

Please help solve these queries.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by seekago View Post
    Hi guys,

One of the consulting firm in US is holding my H1-B. I worked through them for three clients in US and returned to India in August because of some health issues.

Now I my concern is :

1. Will my consulting firm will continue paying taxes to USCIS even I am not in US?
    2. Since I have returned to India for some long time say an year and since I have not resigned from this desi consulting firm in US, Is it illegal to work in India or against Indian work laws, being still an employee of this H1-b holder consulting firm?

Please help solve these queries.

Thanks!!
    Are you currently working for them in India and getting paid as per US?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Are you currently working for them in India and getting paid as per US?
      No Raghvi,
      I am not working for any US client from my consulting firm and neither am I getting paid.

I planned to work in India and joined a company but they creating issues that mine is a dual employment case. I should provide them with resignation letter from my consulting firm.

I don't know how shall I proceed in this case. I tried to convince them but unsuccessful.

Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X