Has Dropbox facility been discontinued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by amitgupta0707 View Post
    Called Traveldocs today 03 Feb, 2017.. They said visa interview waiver program has not been suspended and I can drop off my documents. Planning to do that on Feb 13.
    Good news! Please keep this thread updated with your statuses.

Comment

Great

Called Traveldocs today 03 Feb, 2017.. They said visa interview waiver program has not been suspended and I can drop off my documents. Planning to do that on Feb 13.
      I am planning to drop off my documents in 3rd week Feb. When k called them , they were not ready to confirm if Dropbox will be working till 3rd week.

He said- its working today. Don't know about tomorrow

Comment

Has anyone got Passpaort from Dropbox that was dropped after Monday ?

Has anyone got Passpaort from Dropbox that was dropped after Monday ?

Comment

I got the below reply my inquiry

Thank you for writing to the U.S. Visa Service Desk.

We understand that you would like to renew your visa and have few queries regarding the same.

In response to your questions, we would like to inform you that, as long as your visa has been expired within the recent 12 months, you would be able to proceed with your application. Please note if your visa has expired for more than 12 months, you would need to schedule an appointment for your Finger Print and Photograph capture at the Visa Application Center and a personal appearance for visa interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate.

Please follow the link "http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp", to know about the IWP and the Drop box eligibility criteria, as we will not be able to comment if you would qualify for the same.

If you are eligible for the drop box, please carry a copy of the drop box confirmation page while submitting the documents.

If you do not qualify for the IWP or the Drop Box, you will have to apply for a visa through the regular visa application process provided in the following link "http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visaapply.asp".

We hope this information is helpful to you.

Comment

Originally posted by spatel1985 View Post
            I am planning to drop off my documents in 3rd week Feb. When k called them , they were not ready to confirm if Dropbox will be working till 3rd week.

He said- its working today. Don't know about tomorrow
            Understandable..!! Thank you for the update.

Comment

Amit, all the best and keep us posted on your experience, I am planning to drop off my documents on Feb 20th

Comment

Should we need authorization letter for dropping passport

I am planning to drop my wife and daughter's passport along with mine. I know for collecting I need authorization letter from my wife. Same way should I need to get authorization letter from her for dropping the passport ?

I never seen people speaking about this. Please clarify .

Comment

Dropping documents today

I will be dropping my documents for h1b extension using Dropbox today, will update once done

Comment

Waiting

Originally posted by hpganesh1 View Post
                    I will be dropping my documents for h1b extension using Dropbox today, will update once done
                    Awaiting your update.

Comment

Submitted docs

Just submitted the docs at the Bangalore VFS. Just took 5 mins to complete the process. The lady at the counter said there has been no communication to cancel the IWP yet, if all is good I should get the passport in 3 working days. Let's see, hoping for the best 😀

Comment

Originally posted by gain View Post
                        I am planning to drop my wife and daughter's passport along with mine. I know for collecting I need authorization letter from my wife. Same way should I need to get authorization letter from her for dropping the passport ?

I never seen people speaking about this. Please clarify .
                        My drop box confirmation page has some notes in the end and one point on this says this:

"You are not required to submit documents in person at the Drop-Off location but may send a representative
                        carrying all the above listed documents as per specification."

Comment

Dropped my docs on Fri 3rd Feb 2017 at Mumbai location. So until now, dropbox facility has not been discontinued. Checking passport status every day, will update if status changes.

Comment

Great

Originally posted by hpganesh1 View Post
                            Just submitted the docs at the Bangalore VFS. Just took 5 mins to complete the process. The lady at the counter said there has been no communication to cancel the IWP yet, if all is good I should get the passport in 3 working days. Let's see, hoping for the best 😀
                            My friend today submitted in Delhi. The lady at counter in Delhi said similar thing.

Comment

Still available

Drop box facility is still available. I dropped my passport today in chennai location. They said processing time is usually 3 to 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by sjprateek View Post
                                My drop box confirmation page has some notes in the end and one point on this says this:

"You are not required to submit documents in person at the Drop-Off location but may send a representative
                                carrying all the above listed documents as per specification."

Hi I will be using dropbox on 9th Feb. Will keep you posted on the progress

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X