Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 visa approved but online status shows 'Administrative processing'

Hi,

I attended my Visa interview on 24th feb and my Visa was approved, VO kept the passport and said should be ready in 4-5 business days.

I checked the status online it shows Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview'

Anyone else had the same experience recently? If yes when did the status changed? Did you had to provide any documents?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Varun

Visa approved but in Administrative processing..

I am at same end.. I gave interview on Feb 23rd and VO said, my VISA is approved but then she asked why my B1 (which was given in 2006) was revoked. I said I don't know the reason. It was revoked when I was denied H1b visa once in 2011. I was given h1b denial reason but not reason for B1 revoke. She said she will check.. though the reason could be that they might not want me to visit US during that time in case of h1 denial and also normally B1 is revoked by H1b is there (I had earlier h1b in 2008) but as I didn't have any such official reason, I had to say I don't know..

and now on 27th its showing Administrative processing..I don't know what she wanted to check and it was embassy only who revoked it so they should have reason in system..Even they give H1b in 2012 and not asked this reason but asked now in 2012.. They might be checking at their end and update history which is ok but it only creates confusion and delay travel plan.. Looking at other ppl cases, it has come in 2-3 weeks so be hopeful and enjoy time in India

Comment

vs

I also observe the similar situation , I checked status soon after VISA interview ,it says "Administrative Processing
      " . Is it normal ? OR it is going under administrative processing which takes weeks?

Originally posted by varun22486 View Post
      Hi,

I attended my Visa interview on 24th feb and my Visa was approved, VO kept the passport and said should be ready in 4-5 business days.

I checked the status online it shows Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview'

Anyone else had the same experience recently? If yes when did the status changed? Did you had to provide any documents?

Thanks
      Varun

Comment

Hi,

Thanks
        Varun
        Hi Varun

I am in the situation. Can i know how much time it took for your case to be processed ?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by a150 View Post
          Hi Varun

I am in the situation. Can i know how much time it took for your case to be processed ?

Thanks
          Hi AMa150,

When did you attended the interview? I have attended on 11/07/2017 and still showing administrative processing.

Comment

current status

Hi,

Thanks
            Varun
            Hi Varun,
            Finally when did you get your passport?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X