Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer from India to New Employer Travel on new H1B receipt notice

Hello Everyone,
    Seeking the experts advice on travel to US with H1B Transfer Receipt for an employer change.
    I have H1b from Employer A which is valid till end of 2018. I got visa stamped and already travelled to US on H1B with a valid I94 till my original petition end date (2018).
    My existing I797A approval notice has the I94 validity till 2018 for employer A. My project assignment was over in April and I travelled back to India in April -2017, my last paystub being in April.
    Now I have an employer B, who is filing an LCA, after my reaching India. He will then file H1B transfer once LCA is approved, while I am in India. I would like to start working for Employer B, once the new H1B petition is filed, based on the receipt notice of the Employer B. (As the premium processing is now stopped).
    In order for me to travel back to work for Employer B, based on the receipt of H1B amendment, will there be any issues at Port of Entry?
    I have not yet resigned Employer A in India. I have a valid Visa stamping from Employer A till 2018 end and already had travelled on Employer A approved petition to USA and returned back to India.
    Please suggest any possible issues when travelling to USA, port of entry, as a new employee of company B, with just the notice of application of H1B. There is no H1B Extension in my case.
    Thanks for your time.

Originally posted by django1 View Post
    Hello Everyone,
    Seeking the experts advice on travel to US with H1B Transfer Receipt for an employer change.
    I have H1b from Employer A which is valid till end of 2018. I got visa stamped and already travelled to US on H1B with a valid I94 till my original petition end date (2018).
    My existing I797A approval notice has the I94 validity till 2018 for employer A. My project assignment was over in April and I travelled back to India in April -2017, my last paystub being in April.
    Now I have an employer B, who is filing an LCA, after my reaching India. He will then file H1B transfer once LCA is approved, while I am in India. I would like to start working for Employer B, once the new H1B petition is filed, based on the receipt notice of the Employer B. (As the premium processing is now stopped).
    In order for me to travel back to work for Employer B, based on the receipt of H1B amendment, will there be any issues at Port of Entry?
    I have not yet resigned Employer A in India. I have a valid Visa stamping from Employer A till 2018 end and already had travelled on Employer A approved petition to USA and returned back to India.
    Please suggest any possible issues when travelling to USA, port of entry, as a new employee of company B, with just the notice of application of H1B. There is no H1B Extension in my case.
    Thanks for your time.
    can you please tell me what happened in your case? Were you able to enter USA and work for new client?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X