Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

221(g) with Refusal Letter for H1B.... Confusing me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(g) with Refusal Letter for H1B.... Confusing me...

Hi All,

Recently I went to Chennai Consulate and got 221(g) for only one additional document i.e "letter

from employer to USCIS"., which it was not submitted by me to the VO while in that H1B interview.

Further I recd. a refusal letter with the following matter.

Based on the documents you have submitted to us, and the information elicited in your interview

with an American Consular Officer, you do not appear to be qualified for an H-1B temporary work

visa.

In accordance with United States Law and Department of State guidelines, action on your case has

been suspended, and the I-129 Petition for a Non-Immigrant Worker filed on your behalf will be

returned to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) with a memorandum

explaining the facts of your case as presented to us a the time of interview. The U.S. Consulate

in Chennai is no longer handling your case, and will be unable to give you any information on the

status of your petition.
    For your information , your visa was refused today under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and

Nationality Act(INA) . Essentially, this section states that a visa cannot be issued to anyone

whose application does not appear to the Consular Officer to meet the requirements of the INA or

of the regulation thereunder.

Based on 221(g) I am going to VFS, Chennai office to drop the documents. At this stage I have one

doubt in DS-156 Column(31)...

Have you ever been refused a US Visa? Yes / No

Which option i have to select for this column(31) in DS-156?

I did M.Com, PG diploma in Computer Science from BDPS and literally having 6+ yrs IT Experience.

(Really having 9 yrs of programming exp).

Senior members, pl. tell my h1b Chances after dropping the required docs. thru VFS.

Shall I put hopes or not?

Please reply soon...., as I am going to Chennai in a couple of days.. please...

Thanks in advance,
    Spandana.

hi

di the officer asked u drop the docs in drop box or did he given u the refusal slip and asked to contact uscis for futher information explain in detail

Comment

Originally posted by h1chennai
      di the officer asked u drop the docs in drop box or did he given u the refusal slip and asked to contact uscis for futher information explain in detail

VO asked me to drop the docs thru drop box., at the same time VO given me the refusal letter.

Comment

Why dont u call up the Consulate and ask them to connect u to the Visa section. They only will be able to tell u what to do!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X