Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Working on H1-B Visa in U.S & Moving to India for 1 year to take care of sick parent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working on H1-B Visa in U.S & Moving to India for 1 year to take care of sick parent

Hi,

I have been working on H1-B visa in U.S for more than 10 years now and I have had 2 kids born in U.S during this period. My Green Card is still under process(I have an approved I-140) and doesn't show any sign of moving any further soon enough.
    Recently my father, who lives in India, was diagnosed with cancer and I was wondering if I could stay in India for 1 year or more to help him while he is going through the chemotherapy treatment. Since I am still on H1-B visa I worry if I would loose it since this would be a very long stay.

Some options that I can think of:

1. Move back to India for good. (Ideally I would not prefer this option as getting H1-B is very tough in this ultra competitive environment)

2. Request my current employer to hold my H1-B visa for an year or more while I stay in India to take care of my father. (This scenario is highly unlikely to succeed as my employer is a big corporation and they typically have rigid rules about visas and stuff.)

3. Move my H1-B visa to a consultancy and then request them to hold my H1-B visa for an year or more while I stay in India to take care of my father. (Since its a consultancy I was thinking that they typically do not have rigid rules as big coroprations and would be OK with this? Am I right?)

Could any of you suggest any more options? Appreciate any inputs on this please.

Thanks,
    CKKR

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X