Rant - H1B/L1 is just corporate slavery, crap life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rant - H1B/L1 is just corporate slavery, crap life

Just want to warn anybody that is thinking of getting a visa to come to the USA. It isn't all it's cracked up to be....

You'll end up working for the same company, that company will rip you off. Even if they don't rip you off, you'll be stagnant in your career. If you are amazing at your job (aka: Apple/Google level) great you'll be able to work for an average company that will be happy to have you (aka: Target). You'll never be able to switch cities either. Yes I switched jobs on a visa, so I know it can be done.

If/when you finally get your green card you'll have spent so much time and effort, trying to get it that you'll feel like you have to stay in the USA to reap the benefits.

If I could have gone back in time, never would have come. Since I could have spent the same time/effort back in the UK and could have been working for BA or Barclays right now. I'd have a nice house, nice car, nice local pub and everything would have been fine.

Nobody and I mean nobody will understand your situation, because nobody else is stupid enough to be on a f**king visa for 5 years.

Rant over, sorry but had to get that off my chest.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X