Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reply from consulate

hi,
    i got 221(g) aap on nov'05 that time my husband working consultancy.and also in march at client place verification also over but that time he moved to new direct(full) time company.verification also 2 months over but no response from them.my husband sent mail to consulate about his h1 transfer status in feb but they replied that u have to wait until adminprocess has been completed. i sent mail to consulate 4 days back about his h1 transfer and my husband joined in direct company so today i got reply from them to take appointment again and come with new documents.so iam in tension if i go with new and every documents will they give visa.
    pls tell me what i have to bring to hdfc bank to take appontment.
    iam waiting for all ur replies,
    thanks,
    bunny.

Take the copy of the first page of your passport for making the HDFC fee. I have seen many of your postings on this forum. If you think that something is majorly wrong with your case, then persuade your husband also to come down to India and take a stamping for his new H1B. He is bound to answer all questions relating to present/previous employment in the US better than you. As a returing worker he will qualify for an emergency appointment and you can also choose to attend the visa interview alongwith him.

If that is not possible, ensure that you have understood all the details well and that you carry perfect documentation to the consulate this time.

All the Best.
    VEENA
    (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

h4 visa

hi veena_swsh,
      thanks for reading all my posts and giving reply to me.even my husband also thinking like that to take emergency appt and come back to India for both stamping.will he able to take emergency appt,will consulate ask why u have taken emergency app like that.if anyone got visa after taking emergency appt.if i go only for stamping will vo ask my husband's previous/present h1b's job everything like that.is chances of getting h4 visa is more than h1 and h4's visas.really we are in confusion what decision to take.if he send every documents to me will it be a problem.
      please veena kindly give me ur reply all my doubts.
      i will be thankful to ur reply.
      iam waiting for ur reply.
      thanks,
      bunny.

Comment

What was the exact query you got from the consulate for getting the 221(g). If it is admin processing, what was the reason for the admin processing? Was your husbands pay not in accordance with the LCA. Give me more details and I will try answering your questions.
        VEENA
        (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

h4 visa

hi veena_swsh,
          thanks for ur reply.first i got appt on oct 19th 2005,my husband went to u.s on apr 2005.and he started working in may 30th.he waited for ssn number between apr to may.vo asked me to take notarized letter from consultancy why he didn't get pay at that time.so next time i had taken notarized letter in nov 30'05.when i went next time my husband's project was ended in client so he moved to another client place.but i had taken all previous addressed paystubs because that time he didn't recieve new paystub.that time we didn't expect that will be a problem otherwise we will wait for new paystub.vo asked original paystubs i had given to u then he returned back and asked where he is working i said new client place.so he asked client letter,i had original but mistakenly i had given zerox.then he had taken all my husband's h1 papers and had given 221(g) aap.my huaband's pay is more than in lca.there is no problem in pay.really we are not understanding why they had given that query .in feb my husband's client place dos called to manager and he said he worked here.they asked is he still working then he said no he is not there because he moved to direct company at that time.
          that was happened in my case.pls veena is there any problem in my case.i have to ask one more thing.my husband's h1b transfer was approved in feb.so he started working there.so yesterday itself my husband had seen h1b transfer papers to apply for my visa.in new direct company's I129,I94 in surname place given name is written and in givenname place surname is written. that was lawyer's mistake he wrote like that mistakely.but previous I94 was correct.pls tell me how to change with correct names.my husband wants to talk lawyer and inform to INS.will they give new changed I94.how much time will it take.
          really we are in tension.this time i want to go without fail.pls kindly give me reply to all my qns.
          i will be thankful to ur reply.
          i am waiting for ur reply.
          thanks,
          bunny.

Comment

Time taken for changing information on I 797 differs from case to case. It might take atleast one month. Best option for you is to ask your husband come down to India and get his new H1B stamped simultaneously you can get the H4 visa stamped. Go preferably to the Chennai US Consulate with your husband where your case is already pending. Anyway you will have to ensure that you have good and comprehensive paperwork. All the Best.
            VEENA
            (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Applying though already stamped with H1

Originally posted by veena_swsh
              Time taken for changing information on I 797 differs from case to case. It might take atleast one month. Best option for you is to ask your husband come down to India and get his new H1B stamped simultaneously you can get the H4 visa stamped. Go preferably to the Chennai US Consulate with your husband where your case is already pending. Anyway you will have to ensure that you have good and comprehensive paperwork. All the Best.
              Hi Veena,

My H1 B is already stamped with the current company but my wife already attened interview 4 times and the Visa is under AAP. I was planning to reapply
              along with my wife this time though I have stamping. I was wondering if I can do that at all. I know I am supposed to wait until they complete AAP but AAP is just ridiculous. They called for client verification 5 months after they called for employer verification though they already had the information for both employer and client before 5 months. (This is the example of sadism at Chennai Consulate. They like to see families getting seperated.)

Comment

Originally posted by srb5588
                Hi Veena,

My H1 B is already stamped with the current company but my wife already attened interview 4 times and the Visa is under AAP. I was planning to reapply
                along with my wife this time though I have stamping. I was wondering if I can do that at all. I know I am supposed to wait until they complete AAP but AAP is just ridiculous. They called for client verification 5 months after they called for employer verification though they already had the information for both employer and client before 5 months. (This is the example of sadism at Chennai Consulate. They like to see families getting seperated.)
                Hi,
                Its indeed sad. But in your case, if you already have a valid visa, and you have not changed employers, it will not be possible for you even remotely to get any stamping. .......Just a random thought..........try writing to the consulate offering to come to chennai personally to Chennai to explain any discrepancies in the case, and see if they respond.
                VEENA
                (NOT LEGAL ADVICE)

Comment

Originally posted by veena_swsh
                  Hi,
                  Its indeed sad. But in your case, if you already have a valid visa, and you have not changed employers, it will not be possible for you even remotely to get any stamping. .......Just a random thought..........try writing to the consulate offering to come to chennai personally to Chennai to explain any discrepancies in the case, and see if they respond.
                  Veeena,

Do you mean that they wont allow me to go for the Interview. I can take an appointment I guess but may be the people who initially verfiy the docs before the interview may send me back. Is that what you say.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X