Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 approved, but no updates on passport

Hi,

My wife had her second H4 visa interview in Chennai on Jan 2 and the visa was approved. They asked her:

Where does your husband work?
    How long have you been in the US?
    Have you had any issues with your SEVIS ? (my wife did her MS, worked for sometime and is now taking a break to look after our kid) She had no problems that we are aware of.

caec site still shows status as AP and case last update on Jan 2 which is when her interview was. Is anyone else in the same boat? When can we expect an update?

One of our friends had her H4 interview the same day and she already received her passport.

Any insights or information is appreciated. We have our flights back on Jan 11.

Thanks,

hBadger.

F1 in the same boat

Hey - I had my renewal interview on 12/26 (26th of December) and I’m still in AP even though the counselor said my visa was approved. The last update is still 26th of December. I had to postpone my tickets for the 10th (January). Let me know when you hear anything new!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by PhDHelp View Post
      Hey - I had my renewal interview on 12/26 (26th of December) and I’m still in AP even though the counselor said my visa was approved. The last update is still 26th of December. I had to postpone my tickets for the 10th (January). Let me know when you hear anything new!

Thanks
      Hi there,

I wrote to the consulate and they replied saying that she now has a 221g and provided no further information. I wrote again asking for a case number and if I have to provide any further documents. They just got back with a case number. This is very frustrating and has thrown a spanner in the wheels. Did you check with the consulate? If they wanted to issue a 221g, they should have issued it then and there. They did not even specify which colour of 221g as i believe the different colours mean something.

Please let me know what happens with your case.

Thanks,
      hBadger

Comment

Originally posted by hbadger View Post
        Hi there,

I wrote to the consulate and they replied saying that she now has a 221g and provided no further information. I wrote again asking for a case number and if I have to provide any further documents. They just got back with a case number. This is very frustrating and has thrown a spanner in the wheels. Did you check with the consulate? If they wanted to issue a 221g, they should have issued it then and there. They did not even specify which colour of 221g as i believe the different colours mean something.

Please let me know what happens with your case.

Thanks,
        hBadger

Hey! So mine is a F1 renewal and I didn’t get a 221G on the spot either - the counselor clearly said ‘approved’. I wrote to the consulate on the general email (I don’t think it’s location specific - which email did you use?) and they wrote back saying the general, it could take several weeks etc., did not mention a 221G though, nor did they mention submitting any documents. Today, I saw the date of my case was updated to today but still in AP. I’ve already postponed my tickets but I’m really nervous now.

Comment

Hey! So mine is a F1 renewal and I didn’t get a 221G on the spot either - the counselor clearly said ‘approved’. I wrote to the consulate on the general email (I don’t think it’s location specific - which email did you use?) and they wrote back saying the general, it could take several weeks etc., did not mention a 221G though, nor did they mention submitting any documents. Today, I saw the date of my case was updated to today but still in AP. I’ve already postponed my tickets but I’m really nervous now.
          I guess that case update change is good!

I wrote to [email protected]. Did you interview in Chennai? No updates on my end.

Comment

I guess that case update change is good!

I wrote to [email protected]. Did you interview in Chennai? No updates on my end.
            I don’t know if the date change is positive or not - I’ve heard of some cases taking 2 months or so with regular date updates! I interviewed in New Delhi and sent an email to [email protected]. Ill see if I can find one for the Delhi consulate ! Thanks ! And best of luck!

Comment

Hey - Any luck on your end?

Comment

None so far ! And it’s already after office hours in Delhi. So I guess it’s onto another day. Sigh.

How about you?

Comment

Status just updated to Issued! Thanks for all the information and best of luck!

Comment

Status just updated to Issued! Thanks for all the information and best of luck!
                    Awesome. No change here.

Comment

Case went to 221(g) after being approved at the window

I am also in the same boat, I am also transitioning from f1-h1b and gave interview for the same on 2 January, 2018 at new delhi. The vo officer told me its approved. But today when I emailed the consulate they told me it has gone to 221(g) and that no further documents are required.

Is there anyway to know that how long it will take to process this?
                      how to know the color of 221(g)?
                      And is administrative processing same as 221(g)?

Comment

Originally posted by swasti View Post
                        I am also in the same boat, I am also transitioning from f1-h1b and gave interview for the same on 2 January, 2018 at new delhi. The vo officer told me its approved. But today when I emailed the consulate they told me it has gone to 221(g) and that no further documents are required.

Is there anyway to know that how long it will take to process this?
                        how to know the color of 221(g)?
                        And is administrative processing same as 221(g)?
                        Hi,

There is no way to know for sure. You can check various trackers to see what happened to others.
                        I asked twice and they did not ask for docs, so I am assuming the colour which is used for that.
                        If no docs are asked, then yes.

Keep me posted and good luck.

Comment

Confused

Hi,

There is no way to know for sure. You can check various trackers to see what happened to others.
                          I asked twice and they did not ask for docs, so I am assuming the colour which is used for that.
                          If no docs are asked, then yes.

Keep me posted and good luck.
                          I am so confused as to why this happened and whom to contact for the same?
                          How bad do you think it is??
                          And what timeline are you expecting for it to clear? And to get the visa/passport back?

Comment

Originally posted by swasti View Post
                            I am so confused as to why this happened and whom to contact for the same?
                            How bad do you think it is??
                            And what timeline are you expecting for it to clear? And to get the visa/passport back?
                            Once the consulate has given you the case ID, they will ask you to wait. I heard this is common during year end as there is a lot of rush. I have seen things clear in 2-4 weeks.

Its hard not knowing, but dont worry too much. Keep checking the status. Let me know if you get any updates.

Comment

Changed case update date to Jan 10, but status was AP.
                              Finally changed to issued today - Jan 11.
                              It took 10 days.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X