X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa for dentists

Hello
    I have 2 questions and would appreciate your help:

1. I need a H1-B to work in the US as a dentist. I've done some research on H1-B visa. I am wondering if there is such a category as "academic H1-B". I know academic and government NGO jobs are H1-B cap-exempt and the visa can be applied for at any time of the year, as opposed to other type of jobs. But I thought I had once heard someone say that there is a visa category called "academic H1-B". Could someone shed some light on this?

2. I had also heard that some Community Health Centers dentist jobs are not subjected to regular H1-B visa cap, and are considered cap-exempt. But from what info I can find on cap-exempt, only academic and research NGO jobs are cap-exempt, and community health center jobs don't seem to fit either of those categories. So a little confused.

Thanks

H1-B visa for dentists

Hello

1. I need a H1-B to work in the US as a dentist. I've done some research on H1-B visa. I am wondering if there is such a category as "academic H1-B". I know academic and government NGO jobs are H1-B cap-exempt and the visa can be applied for at any time of the year, as opposed to other type of jobs. But I thought I had once heard someone say that there is a visa category called "academic H1-B". Could someone shed some light on this?

2. I had also heard that some Community Health Centers dentist jobs are not subjected to regular H1-B visa cap, and are considered cap-exempt. But from what info I can find on cap-exempt, only academic and research NGO jobs are cap-exempt, and community health center jobs don't seem to fit either of those categories. So a little confused.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kevind685 View Post
      Hello

1. I need a H1-B to work in the US as a dentist. I've done some research on H1-B visa. I am wondering if there is such a category as "academic H1-B". I know academic and government NGO jobs are H1-B cap-exempt and the visa can be applied for at any time of the year, as opposed to other type of jobs. But I thought I had once heard someone say that there is a visa category called "dental sealants in marysville". Could someone shed some light on this?

Thanks
      • There’s no specific “academic H1-B” category, but H1-B visas for academic institutions and non-profits are cap-exempt.
      • Community Health Centers can be cap-exempt if they qualify as non-profits serving underserved populations.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X