Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i go for H4 visa extension/stamping while my spouse H1 is transferred?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i go for H4 visa extension/stamping while my spouse H1 is transferred?

Hi,

My husband is on H1 visa and is going to expire in aug,2018 and hence mine too.
    He got his visa transferred from company A to B and has got new I797 which is valid till 2021.

I am in India and i have H4 visa with previous employer.
    Can i go for H4 stamping with the new I797 issued by the new employer while my husband is still in USA and his visa is not yet stamped with the new employer.

Is there anything that needs to be applied for my H4 visa extension and stamping.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    I look forward to getting some advice on this topic

Originally posted by sumedhap View Post
    Hi,

My husband is on H1 visa and is going to expire in aug,2018 and hence mine too.
    He got his visa transferred from company A to B and has got new I797 which is valid till 2021.

I am in India and i have H4 visa with previous employer.
    Can i go for H4 stamping with the new I797 issued by the new employer while my husband is still in USA and his visa is not yet stamped with the new employer.

Is there anything that needs to be applied for my H4 visa extension and stamping.

Thanks a lot in advance.
    I look forward to getting some advice on this topic
    Yes you can go for H4 stamping. Visa is for entry purposes only, so presence of lack of H1 visa stamp in your husband's passport has got nothing to do with your visa.
    Just an opinion; Not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by scientist2016 View Post
      Yes you can go for H4 stamping. Visa is for entry purposes only, so presence of lack of H1 visa stamp in your husband's passport has got nothing to do with your visa.
      Thanks for your advise.
      Please let me know if the employer/attorney will have to file for my visa extension.

At present, they have not filled for me. Still will i be able to go for new H4 visa stamping?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X